Friday, January 21, 2011

Hey Ms.DJ......

   It may seem strange, the idea to become a DJ. I really didnt think he would go for it at all. I am so glad that for once he was listening to me. It has gone well so far the past year. Although he is much better at the people pleasing aspect and knowing what the equipment actually does, I totally   just enjoy the music. Even since I moved out he has still had me DJ, and I really do enjoy it!
   I am so drawn to music, i could sleep listening to it, need to listen in the car, when i am cleaning, writing ect... Could it be because my parents were talented musicians before I was even born?. That they met because of music, maybe even divorced because of it.? Who knows?But that is all I remember from the time I was small. Both of them singing, and very well  I may add.  My sister and I sitting in taverns, bars, and at weddings thinking we were cool with our cherry filled  shirley temples. We used to ride on our bellies on the dollies used to move the equipment. Its funny but I honestly thought that all kids had parents with bands in their garages and that free time was spent watching  rehersals on  weekends and a few nights a week.
    I really could listen to anything from any era.  I really think music can move your soul and make you move your body no matter how awkward it may seem.
   I always wished I  had  musical talent. Of course alone in my car and the shower i truly do believe i am almost as good as Pink , well maybe on her less than sober occasions in the past. If I didnt sound like I was 12 , and had played more than 8 years of the violin maybe that would have taken me somewhere beyond suave shampoo bottles as a microphone.
    It is funny that I  had married someone who played the guitar since he was 12 years old, that  my kids  can play drums, guitars and keyboards. I wonder if Julia thinks that everyone has flashing colored lights in the diningroom?I can jam to some mean karaoke and strum a tune on a Fender to embarass the occasional teenager passing to the kitchen. I think I was more meant to just listen to the music, take in the lights, and just watch people have fun in the way they feel the music.
    I sure do love the fact that I can plug in a speaker, pull up any song I want, flip a switch and transform a room into a place where my kids can dance , sing , and make a  memory.
    Maybe I just might go make  some shirley temples this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment